Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Out with one life, in with the new.

In about two weeks, I leave for college. I’ve bought all my new supplies, save anything that comes up unexpectedly. The changes from this current life at home are seeming drastic, but needed. My parents are becoming overly protective, almost in a wish to keep me home and chained to the floor. My sister(At 16 years of age), the brat that she has always been, is acting like an only child already… Screaming and throwing something akin to a tantrum every time I ask for the car when she supposedly needs it as a locker for her soccer stuff while at school. Also, the bus is too lowly for her. I rode the bus 3 years out of my 4 years in high school, and she has yet to ride it an entire year. As soon as my sister entered high school, my mom started driving her to school and back for her soccer practice.

For the past few years, I’ve been using a terrible old CRT monitor(The Philips Magnavox 107S in this article. I cant believe it once sold for $250). This summer, I decided to buy a flat screen monitor so I could take my desktop to college with me, where I already know the desks are quite a bit too small to be able to fit a CRT and still use it as a desk. After a frustrating time trying to get a monitor from someone on craigslist, I found a 23in Acer widescreen acer monitor. This thing is dreamy, the colour is perfect, the contrast is perfect, and it plays beautiful HD video. It also has built in speakers, which may be low quality, but get the job done, and don’t take up any additional space, which I know will be at a premium soon. 1920x1080 is so much larger a space to work with than 1280x1024.

Wallpaper Corner

Since I’m now using a 1920x1080 monitor, I shall post my favourite wallpapers in this resolution.

666256752311503716  199023941601876608 

Dorman’s Interlude:

Mr. Dorman says:
whhhhaaaaaaaat?

Don’t ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment