Friday, September 25, 2009

Day 2: Epic Vending Machines

Second day at college. Classes don’t start till monday. I’m bored out of my mind. THere are never enough people around to talk to, probably because school hasn’t started yet, and people can still arrive in the next 2 days, AND that people living off campus have no reason to be here.

So, they don’t actually turn on our internets till sunday night, when school starts… I’ve just been bumming off of the wireless terminals in the lobbies, I can get a weak signal on my laptop from my room, but it cuts off frequently. I’m in the third floor lobby, typing this up right now. It’s got a great view of the Klamath lake, so its quite nice to sit in here and work. I wonder how busy it will be when school starts.

So far, I’ve used up a serving of applesauce, two granola bars, a bagel, and about a tablespoon of peanut butter. I’m going to save my popcorn for later, and hopefully get my parents to buy me some really cheap ramen or cup-O-soup next time they go to costco. They’ve got a week at a local resort in October from some vacation points they spent, so I should be able to grab it from them then…

Dorman’s Interlude:

Mr. Dorman says:
O________O
Now data is singing!

The OIT campus is quite funny. Its obviously been built over the course of many years, and is even under construction right now. There are many different styles used in the buildings, but many of them have attempted to carry over architectural similarities from other buildings. There is one piece in particular that makes me laugh. It’s a beam, that stretches out in all 4 sides, to make a sort of x shape. This beam shows up in many buildings, and even is integrated into the walls of the gym/pool building.

To come to the title of this post, there is a vending machine in this lobby, in about the style of the snack machines, is set up for drinks. IT has an arm that reaches out and picks up the individual drinks, and sets it down in the pickup box. I keep watching it, as I’m typing from the third floor lobby. I cant help but wonder why it must be so specialized.

Wall of text! Yay. I have no wallpapers to post, and my camera is a good walk away. I shall post some images next time.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment