Friday, January 9, 2009

O’rly?

010509_1909[00]

As.a.starter,.my.keyboard.is.old,.decrepit.and.broken.
I.no.longer.have.the.use.of.the.Spacebar,.the.3.key,.the.4.key,.and.the.6.key.
Therefore,.I.must.write.my.blog.entry.with.either.CTRL.+.V.or.the.period.
The.period.is.much.faster.

Those.owls.above.are.photographed.from.the.room.where.my.
Scout.Troop.met.for.their.meeting.this.past.Monday.
This.Monday.is.the.day.that.I.earned.My.Eagle.Scout.rank.
I.had.to.sit.through.an.hour.and.a.half.interview.to.finish.the.final.requirement.

Many.people.look.upon.Scouting.with.resentment,.yet.they.know.nothing.
about.it,.and.have.never.experienced.the.fun.that.comes.with.the.responsibility.
and.adventure.that.comes.innately.with.the.program.

scoutThe.rank.of.Eagle.Scout.shows.that.you.can.get.through.hard.
work,.and.can.be.depended.upon.
Just.having.the.rank.of.Eagle.raises.your.starting.pay.scale.
when.you.enlist.in.the.military.

The.BSA.emblem(right).represents.many.of.the.values.of.
scouting.The.three.points.of.the.fleur-de-lis.
represent.the.three.parts.of.the.scout.oath.


Scout Oath



On my honor I will do my best
To do my duty to God and my country
and to obey the Scout Law;
To help other people at all times;
To keep myself physically strong,
mentally awake, and morally straight.



The.Eagle.and.shield.represent.a.scouts.readiness.
to.defend.their.country.The.scroll.bearing.the."scout.motto” is.turned.up.at.the.ends.as.a.reminder.that.a.scout.should.
smile.as.he.does.his.job.The.knot.represents.the.scout.slogan
”Do.a.good.turn.daily.”.Finally,.the.two.stars.symbolize.truth
and.knowledge.

The.world.Scouting.movement.has.a.similar.logo(Purple).
where.the.fleur-de-lis.is.the.same.
In heraldry, white represents purity and purple represents responsibility and assistance to others.

The.rope.and.knot.on.the.logo.represent.the.unity.of.the.worldwide.scouting.system.

No comments:

Post a Comment